The 'Friends of Bacon Garth' are a group of parents and staff who come together to organise fundraising events, such as the summer and Christmas fairs, bingo nights, school discos and Bags2School collections.
Their fundraising efforts benefit the children enormously and we use the money they donate to us in many ways. Recently, we have used their donations to:
- Buy costumes and props for class assemblies and school plays
- purchase new digital cameras for each class
- pay for new adventure playground equipment for the children
- Pay for the school present the Year 6 children a book as a memento of their time at Bacon Garth
- Pay for the installation of a new stage lighting system
- Pay for additional staging for the hall
- Support us to put on special events at school, such as VE Celebration Day
- Pay for activities such as Christmas parties etc.
If you would like to join the Friends, we are always on the look-out for willing parents!
Please speak with the Headteacher or the office team who can put you in touch with one of the 'Friends'.
Children in Malaysia reading profiles sent to them by children at Bacon Garth.
Bacon Garth children receive letters and pictures from Malaysia and produce an assembly about their topic on Malaysia.
Children in Malaysia using the resources we sent to them.